Time to shape up!

Info and News about GCS

Time to shape up!

Postby Scott Miller » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:16 pm

It's been soooo long since we've had to endure the heat while playing our equipment, I wanted to make sure that I would be able to finish the July 4th parade. I've probably marched a couple hundred parades and never dropped out - I don't plan on starting now. I went up to the local walking track, in the middle of the day, and walked a brisk 2 miles. I actually felt pretty alright afterwards...next time I'll walk it with 20lbs of weight to make up for the horn.

The time to make sure you are ready is now - I don't know what our chase vehicle situation will be, but my biggest hope is that it wouldn't be needed.

Hydrate yourself and get out and walk - the parade will be moving reasonably briskly, with occasional stops, and hopefully plenty of water. We always have a lot of fun doing these gigs - even more when everyone makes it to the end in good spirits.

See ya'll Thursday!
Scott Miller
Super Rookie
Super Rookie

Re: Time to shape up!

Postby Jason Rose » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:06 pm

I walk 2.2 miles most days at work. Instead of a smoke or coffee break, I go walk around the block. And, I lift weights a few nights a week.

I've lost 15 pounds in the past 4 months. Got about 15 to go.

As soon as I started walking (back in December), I started to feel better.

Getting old sucks.
-----------------------
"There are stars in the southern sky..."

Jason Rose
<><

GCS Member 2001-2012 (Founding Director)

-GCS Corps Director 2001-2010
-Syracuse Brigadiers 2002 (Contrabass)
-Bayou City Blues 2000-2002
-U.S. Marine Corps 1996-2000-Forever
Jason Rose
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to GCS Stuff