Thank You

Info and News about GCS

Thank You

Postby Jason Rose » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:54 pm

My thanks to the GCS Staff for a most enjoyable winter. We've had 3 Camps since Christmas and each was better than the last.

Yes, we're small. Yes, the future is uncertain. But, the hornline has never sounded better. And... it's been far too long since I've had this much fun in this activity.

Whatever the future holds, we're having a great time right now. I sure wish more of the old Vets were around to be a part of this...
-----------------------
"There are stars in the southern sky..."

Jason Rose
<><

GCS Member 2001-2012 (Founding Director)

-GCS Corps Director 2001-2010
-Syracuse Brigadiers 2002 (Contrabass)
-Bayou City Blues 2000-2002
-U.S. Marine Corps 1996-2000-Forever
Jason Rose
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thank You

Postby Corey Mark » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:56 am

I'm glad that you feel that way. We joked about the overuse of the word synergy the other day, but that really hits the nail on the head. To be with a group of people who all work at something much bigger than themselves and to feel the intensity of effort in the practice room and on the gym floor is what this is all about. We all have our own problems and agendas to deal with, and heaven knows we don't necessarily agree with or even like each other at times, but when we're together, the magic happens.

The corps infrastructure is there. The few that are giving of themselves far more than can be reasonably asked are hanging in there. All we need to make this work is a few more who know that now is the time of the season that drum corps become champions.

It's still early in the corps growing season. I hope to see more faces at the next camp on February 19.
Corey Mark
Vet
Vet

Return to GCS Stuff