Fireworks Fundraiser for GCS

Info and News about GCS

Fireworks Fundraiser for GCS

Postby Jereme Robinson » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:32 pm

I know this is late int he game and that is ok. I just received the contract from the Fireworks Warehouse @ 290 and Huffmeister on Saturday.

My offer to GCS is if GCS and IPT can work together to run this thing ont he busiest days. July 3rd and 4th.

The warehouse is a large building (warehouse) that is all indoors with central AC and Heat. There are at least 3 armed State Troopers there at all hours.

If you are able or interested to attend and help IPT has commited to Paying GCS $2000 if the turn out for help is around 10 to 15 people. GCS will still get paid if it is under that. It is easy money to make and actually is a fun atmosphere to work in. In a nut shell you stand there and sell fireworks!

If you are interested please respond here or email me at JRobinson@imperialpercussion.org.

Where: Fireworks Warehouse- 290 feeder road between 1960/Hwy 6 and Huffmeister (Cypress). It is located on the outbound (west) feeder road. Coming from Houston you will exit FM 1960.

What IPT needs and When:
Saturday July 3rd: 10am-1am people to commit to 6 or more hours with as many of you able to work between 4pm and 10pm would be nice. Those of you wishing to work the morning is cool and those of you wishing to work the night. The night slows down at a certain time and you will be the first ones considered to be sent home.

Sunday July 4th: 12pm-12am same as above with most of the needs being for afternoon-night. It will slow down about 1 hour after dark and we will let you guys be first considered to go home.

If you cannot work the required but think you can do something of a lesser commitment that is fine to.

You older folks who do not think they can stand for long periods of time have an option to run a cash register. Only kick to that si you need to be trained on it (EASY) between now and Wednesday night. You can go in anytime and ask to be trained on a register they are open until 11pm during the week, you can go in anytime.

I wish I could have put this info out there a lot sooner but I just could not do to forces beyond my control. New years for sure will have this posted and info out to you guys to run a fulls cale operation with IPT and make BIG MONEY.
Jereme Robinson
Percussion Caption Head-GCS 2010-They fire me
Director-Imperial Percussion Theater
Jereme Robinson
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Fireworks Fundraiser for GCS

Postby Jason Rose » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Jereme, because of the late notice on this I don't expect a big turn-out. Events like this are typically planned many months in advance so that scehdules can adjusted well ahead of time.

Let's chat off-line about New Years. That has some real potential.
-----------------------
"There are stars in the southern sky..."

Jason Rose
<><

GCS Member 2001-2012 (Founding Director)

-GCS Corps Director 2001-2010
-Syracuse Brigadiers 2002 (Contrabass)
-Bayou City Blues 2000-2002
-U.S. Marine Corps 1996-2000-Forever
Jason Rose
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tom Huntley » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:28 am

This is very short notice but at the same time an opportunity to raise some nice cash in a short amount of time. Sounds like it could be fun as well. If you have free time this weekend, please donate some of it to the Corps. I will be there most of the weekend.

Tom
Tom Huntley
Winning is not done on the field on the weekend,
Winning is done at home Monday through Friday
Tom Huntley
Vet
Vet

Postby Jereme Robinson » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:21 pm

I agree on the short notice and really wish I had this info sooner. You can ask Tom I called him Saturday saying I finally got the info. I actually got the band boosters to up the payment to 2000 for GCS due to the short notice as an incentive.

Off/On topic: I have recently found out 3 IPT memebrs who were marching junior corps had to come home for various reasons for family/financial issues. This means I can possibly add 3 of the 3 to the GCS battery. I will bring a full plan of action to the meeting at Jasons on how to make this GCS IPT thing work and be open for changes/options. With this plan will also include New Years fireworks sales.

Thank you for anyone who is helping with this even if it's a handful of you.
Jereme Robinson
Percussion Caption Head-GCS 2010-They fire me
Director-Imperial Percussion Theater
Jereme Robinson
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tom Huntley » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Need to think of this (as we do all things) as a recruiting opportunity. We're wearing white Sunday, wear Black Saturday. Wear your Corps jackets. Wear your GCS onezie. Come make money for the corps, wear your gear and find people to march.
Tom Huntley
Tom Huntley
Vet
Vet

Postby Barbara Wendt » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Is there an age limit to work? This place is right next to our old church, I might be able to get some warm bodies to help out and make our number if needed, some helped with BotB last year and seem to think drummers are all HOT :)
Barbara Wendt a.k.a pit_girl77
Currently relocated to Iowa, but you know I will be around!
GCS Pit 2005 'til death do us part
GCDCA Board 2005-until they kick me out
Barbara Wendt
Super Rookie
Super Rookie

Postby Tom Huntley » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Barb,

I believe it's 16. Parents work too. We'll put anyone you send to work.
Tom Huntley
Tom Huntley
Vet
Vet

Postby Paige Powell » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:17 am

Barbara Wendt wrote:Is there an age limit to work? This place is right next to our old church, I might be able to get some warm bodies to help out and make our number if needed, some helped with BotB last year and seem to think drummers are all HOT :)

Drummers ARE all hot. Everyone knows that. :ugeek:
Paige Powell
Rookie
Rookie

Return to GCS Stuff