Krewe of Momus Galveston Strand Parade

News and Updates from the Corps Management Team

Krewe of Momus Galveston Strand Parade

Postby Corey Mark » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Details are still in the works for this parade on Saturday, March 5 in Galveston.

DRESS IS ALL BLACK, as this is a televised parade and is considered a recruiting event. Black GCS t-shirts, any black pants, and black shoes. Contras are not encouraged, but may wear Chucks if they buy me a beer after the parade. We will have a limited number of t-shirts available for purchase (Jason promises). IPT will be providing a full drumline for the parade.

The parade check-in is at 3pm, but plan to get to the island early, as the parade ends in the Strand, and parking will be extremely difficult. Possible carpooling arrangements are being considered. Please check the forum regularly for updates.
Corey Mark
Vet
Vet

Re: Krewe of Momus Galveston Strand Parade

Postby Allen Farnsworth » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Cory and Jason-I know you will have where we park and know that the parade starts at 19th and seawall but I found on the Mardi Gras Galveston sight for parking just wanted to tell you just in case.Allen

Parking
In conjunction with the Blue Knights, we will offer parking at 18th and Strand, 25th and Strand, and 25th and Santa Fe Place.

Paid parking is available to the public at garages located at 21st and Market Street as well as 25th and Harborside Drive.

Additional street parking is available on the streets surrounding the Historic Strand District.
Allen Farnsworth
Super Rookie
Super Rookie

Re: Krewe of Momus Galveston Strand Parade

Postby Allen Farnsworth » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:48 pm

I will do a lot better in this parade and very professional look.This past weekend getting towards the end of the parade I couldn't keep up with the float in front of me but this parade Sat night I'm sure it will go slow especially in the Strand but don't worry I will be ok and professional,I will salute when we pass the judges in the Strand.
Allen
Allen Farnsworth
Super Rookie
Super Rookie

Return to Director's Corner