Rochester ROAD Trip Update

News and Updates from the Corps Management Team

Rochester ROAD Trip Update

Postby Jason Rose » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:41 am

Guys, here's the plan for the trip to New York. Tom's rules may differ slightly, but our schedules are the same.

The schedule is subject to change of course (IE we get hit by a hurricane... don't laugh, it's happened before)

Day 1 is 1050 miles to Cincinnati. We should arrive at the hotel somewhere north of Cincinnati around 11 PM.
Day 2 is 500 miles to Rochester. We'll leave at 7 AM and arrive about 2:30.

1) My truck's name is "Chama" and she must be treated with absolute respect. If you are nice to her, she'll be nice to you (no, not in that way you sick perv). I will have her completely clean inside and out when you board her Wednesday morning.

2) I'm leaving Spring at 4:30 AM on Wed, Sep 2 (yes, that's 4 in the morning.... as in "before sunrise" and yes, that sucks. Bring coffee).

3) Please get yourself to Spring prior to the 4:30 AM departure time. You're welcome to come up the night before and crash there. We've got plenty of room.

502 Mountbury Ct
Spring, TX 77373

4) Please limit your luggage. Space will be at a premium. Plus, you're all flying back and the airlines are nazis about luggage these days.

5) Most importantly: You MUST THOROUGHLY wash yourself before getting in my truck (remember rule #1). I keep a bottle of FeBreeze in the back seat and I've used it on Corps members before. Personal hygiene is not optional. I ain't spending 2 days sitting next to your funk.

6) I'll have my laptop, so bring some good DVD's. The funnier the better. We will have surround sound with bass. Only the best for my guests.

7) Bathroom breaks will be every ~3 hours, or when we run low on fuel. If you have a small bladder please limit your fluid intake..... or bring a wide-mouth bottle. Uhh... never mind.... no peeing in my truck (see rule #1). Just tie your who-ha in a knot and wait for the next stop. =)

8) For your convenience I'll have a power inverter so you can charge your cell phone. There's also a car-charger port in the back seat.

*If you'd like to tip your chauffer with some gas money he'll be happy to accept it.

We know that you have a choice in ground transportation when traveling to Rochester and we appreciate your business. Please keep your chairs and tables in their upright and locked position.

Peace,
-----------------------
"There are stars in the southern sky..."

Jason Rose
<><

GCS Member 2001-2012 (Founding Director)

-GCS Corps Director 2001-2010
-Syracuse Brigadiers 2002 (Contrabass)
-Bayou City Blues 2000-2002
-U.S. Marine Corps 1996-2000-Forever
Jason Rose
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rochester ROAD Trip Update

Postby Mike Predmore » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:35 am

Jason Rose wrote:1) I will have her completely clean inside and out when you board her Wednesday morning.

Is this a full corps function? Is there enough time? :twisted:
"No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced."

Mike Predmore
Houston Symphonic Band, BBb Tuba 86-03
Bayou City Brass, Eb Bass 99-Present
Bayou City Blues, GBass 91-03
GCS, GBass, 01-04,06-Present
Syracuse Brigadiers, GBass 02-03
Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni, GBass 05-06
Mike Predmore
Super Rookie
Super Rookie

Re: Rochester ROAD Trip Update

Postby Jason Rose » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:39 am

Mike Predmore wrote:
Jason Rose wrote:1) I will have her completely clean inside and out when you board her Wednesday morning.

Is this a full corps function? Is there enough time? :twisted:

Har har har
-----------------------
"There are stars in the southern sky..."

Jason Rose
<><

GCS Member 2001-2012 (Founding Director)

-GCS Corps Director 2001-2010
-Syracuse Brigadiers 2002 (Contrabass)
-Bayou City Blues 2000-2002
-U.S. Marine Corps 1996-2000-Forever
Jason Rose
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Director's Corner