Saturday, September 25 Rehearsal

News and Updates from the Corps Management Team

Saturday, September 25 Rehearsal

Postby Corey Mark » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:09 pm

This will be the first drum corps class and GCS rehearsal held at the Lone Star College-North Harris campus. The start time is 10AM, sharp.

A map and directions are at the main website http://www.gulfcoastsound.org/maps.html.

The updated schedule can be found at http://www.gulfcoastsound.org/calendar.html.

Please be prompt and bring your first GCS dues payment to the class.

Let's welcome the LSC students and potential GCS members that will be attending. This will be the start of something BIG.

Don't forget to wear the GCS colors!
Corey Mark
Vet
Vet

Re: Saturday, September 25 Rehearsal

Postby Tom Huntley » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:25 am

First rehearsal is in the books and I think it went fantastic. New faces, TONS OFTALENET and looked like everyone had a good time.

I want to thank everyone for coming out and can't wait for the gig on the 9th. This Fall is going to go fast with all of the gigs. Next thing you know, we'll be in Rochester.
Tom Huntley
Winning is not done on the field on the weekend,
Winning is done at home Monday through Friday
Tom Huntley
Vet
Vet

Postby Corey Mark » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:52 pm

It was great to see the the GCS turnout almost tripled by LSC students eager for an opportunity to perform in a music genre that most thought was inaccessible. My deepest thanks to Dr. May for running his usual impeccably efficient rehearsal sessions, and Michelle and Jereme, for leading guard and drum sectionals, respectively. Thanks Michele, for keeping things straight and handling the music, and Jason for making sure all instruments were available. And, again, Tom, who provides the most compelling drum corps sales pitch known to man.

Finally, to the CORE of GCS, without you there would be no corps.

Folks, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.....
Corey Mark
Vet
Vet

Postby Barbara Wendt » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:20 pm

This sounds soooo cool! I am super excited for everyone!!!!!! Someone please take some photos next time :)
Barbara Wendt a.k.a pit_girl77
Currently relocated to Iowa, but you know I will be around!
GCS Pit 2005 'til death do us part
GCDCA Board 2005-until they kick me out
Barbara Wendt
Super Rookie
Super Rookie

Return to Director's Corner