GCS Press Release - June 1, 2010

News and Updates from the Corps Management Team

GCS Press Release - June 1, 2010

Postby Jason Rose » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:53 am

See attached Press Release

----

The first rehearsal for the new ensemble will be Friday, June 11, 7-10 PM. Dr Brack May will continue instructing the horn line. More details will be released as I work with the other instructors to get things ironed out.

The management team is cooking up one heck of a cool idea (thanks Corey) on how/where to perform this summer and fall. I'll have most of the details worked out by the first rehearsal next week and will share them with you then. Take my word for it, I think Corey has come up with the PERFECT way to get GCS on the map.

In addition to that, our first mission is to pick a chart that we all like, make it absolutely perfect, add some visuals/staging, and record a DVD so the staff can use it to market the Corps. I'd like to get this project completed by mid-August. All sections (brass, battery, & guard) will be involved.

I'm very excited about the possibilities here. Sure, I'm disappointed that this season didn't work out like we planned and worked so hard for. But we have a chance here to not only have a really good time (AKA "fun"), but also to generate the media attention that GCS needs to get back on the field in 2011.

More details will be out soon. Check the Forum every day.

If you were unable to march this season or were on the fence, here is your chance. Come be a part of the future of Drum Corps in Houston!
Attachments
GCS-2010-Press-Release-May31.pdf
(88.81 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
-----------------------
"There are stars in the southern sky..."

Jason Rose
<><

GCS Member 2001-2012 (Founding Director)

-GCS Corps Director 2001-2010
-Syracuse Brigadiers 2002 (Contrabass)
-Bayou City Blues 2000-2002
-U.S. Marine Corps 1996-2000-Forever
Jason Rose
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GCS Press Release - June 1, 2010

Postby Scott Wolfe » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:17 am

Good luck to you guys with your new direction for the summer.

Your friends up in north Texas (VIgilantes) were disappointed to hear you were not fielding - but happy to hear the towl has not been thrown in. We know as well as you do how difficult it is to put a corps together these days. But when you persevere and complete the work, it is all very gratifying.

Hang in there - we hope to see you on the field again some day and any other performance avenue you pursue.
Scott Wolfe
Rookie
Rookie

Re: GCS Press Release - June 1, 2010

Postby Jason Rose » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:21 am

Scott Wolfe wrote:Good luck to you guys with your new direction for the summer.

Your friends up in north Texas (VIgilantes) were disappointed to hear you were not fielding - but happy to hear the towl has not been thrown in. We know as well as you do how difficult it is to put a corps together these days. But when you persevere and complete the work, it is all very gratifying.

Hang in there - we hope to see you on the field again some day and any other performance avenue you pursue.

Thanks Scott.

No fat lady has sung down here. We've just been forced to go another direction for a while.

We'll do what we've always done: "Adapt. Improvise. And Overcome."

Good luck to you guys in Vigilanties!
-----------------------
"There are stars in the southern sky..."

Jason Rose
<><

GCS Member 2001-2012 (Founding Director)

-GCS Corps Director 2001-2010
-Syracuse Brigadiers 2002 (Contrabass)
-Bayou City Blues 2000-2002
-U.S. Marine Corps 1996-2000-Forever
Jason Rose
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Director's Corner