Drill Camp #1

News and Updates from the Corps Management Team

Drill Camp #1

Postby Tom Huntley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:55 am

We will be going outside at the next camp to learn drill. I have a few things to remind you of so we are ready to go.

1. Dress for every type of weather. It could be anywhere from 30-90 degrees, or both. Please make sure you are dressed to handle it. We will be going outside weather you dressed for it or not. Please prepare.

2.Please wear a white tee shirt.

3. Bring your dot books. Get a small note book that you can write your drill sets in. This will need to go quickly so you may also wish to attach it to a lanyard around your neck.

4. Be patient. Everyone's learning curve may or may not be the same as yours. If the pace of the rehearsal moves too slow for you, be patient. If the pace of the rehearsal moves too fast, please say something.

5. Focus. We are starting drill one camp later than planned. Please be on time and ready to go at 0930. We want to get all of opener on the field and respectable. So keep talking to a minimum.

Thanks for the supprt through the year. We are getting to the point where the rubber meets the road and actual drum corps will be taking place. This is my favorite time of year. thanks for your efforts.
Tom Huntley
Winning is not done on the field on the weekend,
Winning is done at home Monday through Friday
Tom Huntley
Vet
Vet

Re: Drill Camp #1

Postby David Ngo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:06 am

Hey bro!

Missed you on Saturday, but I know why you were gone. Please send my best to Josh.

It was fun to come by and see (almost) everybody. Got to cover your part for a bit and enjoyed hanging with the gang again.

Hope to catch y'all later in the year. Take care!

Dngo
1994-1999
Bayou City Blues (Sr.)
Soprano / Mellophone

2006-2009
Gulf Coast Sound (All-Age)
Soprano / Brass Staff
David Ngo
Rookie
Rookie

Return to Director's Corner