2009 Banquet

News and Updates from the Corps Management Team

Do you want to have the banquet this year?

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes : 19

2009 Banquet

Postby Jason Rose » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:06 am

There was alomost nothing "normal" about this season. So, I feel the need to ask this question and not just assume we'll do it.

Do you want to have the banquet this year?

If not, please tell me why? You can email me privately if you wish.
Last edited by Jason Rose on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------
"There are stars in the southern sky..."

Jason Rose
<><

GCS Member 2001-2012 (Founding Director)

-GCS Corps Director 2001-2010
-Syracuse Brigadiers 2002 (Contrabass)
-Bayou City Blues 2000-2002
-U.S. Marine Corps 1996-2000-Forever
Jason Rose
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2009 Banquet

Postby Allen Farnsworth » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:56 pm

I think it weould be nice Jason and Tom we did go this far in the season even though were not going to be in DCA prelims but are doing mini corps,and we did alot of gigs this season including parades,ExciteMent of Sound,Brass on the Bayou,camps and practices,and in away it gives the whole corps to be together and visit even if there isn't any awards giving out.Our corps has stuck together through good times and rough times and what members we had left when the corps decided to not tour this summer for the good of the corps until 2010 season was allways there for you and Tom and never had let you down.Thats what is nice about GCS,we are family and we will allways be there for you through thick and thin.In closing I know that its up to you all but I did wanted to tell how much you and Tom had inriched my life to be in GCS and high hopes for a successful 2010 season.
God Bless
Allen :P
Allen Farnsworth
Super Rookie
Super Rookie

Postby Jason Rose » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Thanks Allen
-----------------------

Jason Rose
<><

Jason Rose
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Thomas Dean » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:17 am

Looks like I'm the only 1 that voted no. I'm not really sure what state I'll be in come time for the banquet or Open House really, but my vote didn't revolve if I would be able to attend but rather just saving the money for putting on a banquet and using that for the 2010 season. Last year it was pretty hard making it out there for the banquet as we barely made it arriving at the Spaghetti Warehouse at 7pm and changing in my vehicle in the parking lot, but like I stated above don't put this off because of Justin and I. If I am still in New Orleans at the time of the banquet and Open House I intend on attending Open House but not the banquet just so we are not trying to kill ourselve's traveling to Houston. That speeding ticket I recieved last May in Jennings, LA. rushing to get to rehearsal really changed my driving habbits.
Image Thomas Dean GCS - Staff / Tenors / Beast!
Syracuse Univ. Marching Band - Alumni
Thomas Dean
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Thomas Dean » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:31 am

Allen Farnsworth wrote:I think it weould be nice Jason and Tom we did go this far in the season even though were not going to be in DCA prelims but are doing mini corps,and we did alot of gigs this season including parades,ExciteMent of Sound,Brass on the Bayou,camps and practices,and in away it gives the whole corps to be together and visit even if there isn't any awards giving out.Our corps has stuck together through good times and rough times and what members we had left when the corps decided to not tour this summer for the good of the corps until 2010 season was allways there for you and Tom and never had let you down.Thats what is nice about GCS,we are family and we will allways be there for you through thick and thin.In closing I know that its up to you all but I did wanted to tell how much you and Tom had inriched my life to be in GCS and high hopes for a successful 2010 season.
God Bless

Allen this is a great post and narrative on your take of this past yr. Mardi Gras was exciting, I wasn't in Galveston but I'm still recieving feedback from people down here about how we rocked NOLA this past February. The Travis Elementary parade was to hot (I turned 5 shades blacker standing in the sun), but boy was that a fun afternoon. I have many memories to share with folks about just the parades we attended: How Allen brought us up the street for Mardi Gras and Travis Elementary (so many people were awed by his presence though he was a solo Honor Guard), he was the first thing people saw of us besides the back of Stephen's head in that pick up truck; the rehearsals this year I've never had that much fun at a GCS rehearsal finally having someone else marching tenors; the random traditional jokes Tom, Corey and Mike's sense of humor; Jason on the podium; etc... there ids a lot to aknowledge but it was a formal season, but at certain points it was a nightmare. One thing after another kept going wrong. It was like buying a used car then parts would malfunction, and everytime we fixed one item something else just as important would break.

We are a family and thats what got us through the short season we had. I admit, I was extremely upset about not marching and even more upset about not being able to participate in mini corps however GCS was represented very well up "deah in rochecha".
Image Thomas Dean GCS - Staff / Tenors / Beast!
Syracuse Univ. Marching Band - Alumni
Thomas Dean
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tom Huntley » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:49 am

Allen Farnsworth wrote:I think it weould be nice Jason and Tom we did go this far in the season even though were not going to be in DCA prelims but are doing mini corps,and we did alot of gigs this season including parades,ExciteMent of Sound,Brass on the Bayou,camps and practices,and in away it gives the whole corps to be together and visit even if there isn't any awards giving out.Our corps has stuck together through good times and rough times and what members we had left when the corps decided to not tour this summer for the good of the corps until 2010 season was allways there for you and Tom and never had let you down.Thats what is nice about GCS,we are family and we will allways be there for you through thick and thin.In closing I know that its up to you all but I did wanted to tell how much you and Tom had inriched my life to be in GCS and high hopes for a successful 2010 season.
God Bless

Thank you Allen. You are truely one of the special people in this activity.
Tom Huntley
Winning is not done on the field on the weekend,
Winning is done at home Monday through Friday
Tom Huntley
Vet
Vet

Postby Paige Powell » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:05 am

IMHO we should have one, but sooner rather than later. Last year, it was right in the middle of holiday party season and I would prefer to spread the festivities around a bit more if we could. November and December are just exhausting.
Paige Powell
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Jason Rose » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:13 am

Paige Powell wrote:IMHO we should have one, but sooner rather than later. Last year, it was right in the middle of holiday party season and I would prefer to spread the festivities around a bit more if we could. November and December are just exhausting.

I always have the banquet the evening before Open House so that the out-of-town folks can join us. We're planning Open House for the last weeklend in Nov or first weekend in Dec so that we don't interfer with HS band stuff.
-----------------------

Jason Rose
<><

Jason Rose
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Director's Corner