Origami

Fun Stuff, Random Stuff, Misc Stuff, whatever... but KEEP IT CLEAN!

Origami

Postby James Shatto » Tue May 17, 2011 4:26 am

I've started a second youtube channel and have been posting my collection of dollar bill figurines and how to do them (-ish). I've got 24 videos up already. In case anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DBorigami

Meanwhile the job front looks good, but unfortunately holidays are not observed and I wont have any PTO days to facilitate participation until after six months. So no non-Sat+Sun events for me this year.

I've still got a P/R Sop, P/R Frenchie, and Bb Deg Euph if anyone is interested in buying such things. Best wishes for 2011.
James Shatto
Super Rookie
Super Rookie

Re: Origami

Postby Jason Rose » Tue May 17, 2011 7:18 am

James, it's good to hear you've got a job.

Hope to see you back in a GCS uniform in 2012.
-----------------------
"There are stars in the southern sky..."

Jason Rose
<><

GCS Member 2001-2012 (Founding Director)

-GCS Corps Director 2001-2010
-Syracuse Brigadiers 2002 (Contrabass)
-Bayou City Blues 2000-2002
-U.S. Marine Corps 1996-2000-Forever
Jason Rose
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jenny Todd » Tue May 17, 2011 7:27 am

Cool! Something to occupy the kids the last few days of school!!! Here kids, try this.....

Jenny
Jenny Todd
GCS Guard 2005-2007
GCS Pit 2008
Jenny Todd
Super Rookie
Super Rookie

Postby James Shatto » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Had a job anyway. I hate companies that mis-advertise. Have you sign a 2 year non-compete. Then turn around and tell you that your linux admin job is really a SALES position. Anyway I'm now free for non-weekend stuff. For a bit anyway.

Back to origami vids I guess. Looking forward to catching ya'all at and recording it, at TXDCP. Not much new on the gear front it seems for now. But auto stuff should be taken care of till the fall. With some gas money in pocket now to actually do some stuff. And I've learned a few new tricks since last year. And I have authored some video enhancement software that needs some beta testing. Albeit the slowest possible way to do the stuff IMO. Especially since I wont be upgrading my computers anytime soon.
James Shatto
Super Rookie
Super Rookie

Postby Corey Mark » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:37 pm

James, we decided not to attend TxDCP. We've got some new members who haven't had time to catch up on the book.

You can join us for a July 4 parade in Houston, though.

Hope things go well on the job front.
Corey Mark
Vet
Vet

Postby James Shatto » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Bummer. I'll probably be in Arkansas on the 4th of July. At least I wont have to take a leave of absense to do that now.

As I try to substitute a tripod and mic stand with something a-kin to a PVC sculpture. Part of the master plan to have something that CAN be shielded from the elements on the cheap. Unlike...well..... The THING will probably debut this weekend. Albeit a tad bit heavier than planned. But I'm using some heavy 1" PVC parts.
James Shatto
Super Rookie
Super Rookie

Postby James Shatto » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:37 am

The thing.

And some audio from the TXDCP.

http://soundcloud.com/shadow_7/revoluti ... forget-you

I almost didn't make it, as I-35 was a parking lot. A 10 mile excursion to 183A and I got the audio for all corps. My camcorder opted out of recording Revolution, but it got video for the two previous corps and the one post corps and encore just fine. And by the time I got set up, I missed the crossmen ensemble playing the opening Star Spangled Banner. So much for allotting 90 minutes for a 38 mile drive (sans detour). It was another hot one this year. Which is probably why the 2+yo camcorder failed on Revo.

And I added another origami video yesterday.
James Shatto
Super Rookie
Super Rookie

Return to Other Stuff